Thursday, December 6, 2007

ripostes and silences



here i m, sitting upstairs in haagen daz facing somewhere along e boulevard betw louvre and opera.

i was so fucking fatigued.

someone asked me why i didnt' speak up when people in europe do things that can piss me off.

well, i did and i do.

what instances? when pplk are rude to me, i show it. when ppl are disgusting to me, i show it.
e.g
1) when lady at reception ask me to wait when i wanted to check out. i turned to look at her and showed her my face. she asked "did u take anything from mini bar?" i said NO. "cest tout?" (that's all?). she suddenly beamed and said YES. i turned d walked off.

2) a man stopped me on e road and asked me for something/direction along boulevard port royale. i said "i don't understand what you're saying" and walked off.

3) security at museum told me to "stop swinging my audioguide" and to "wear it around my neck". i said "no, i didn't swing it" and no, i didn't wear it around my neck becos i dont need no fucking security man to tell me what to do. BUT i didn't try to explain anything to him becuase he couldn't even understand me. at one point, he asked me "vous parlez francaise?". i said NON, really curt. so that's my riposte, kinda.

4) another person on plane today, sat inside and along e aisle, i placed my coat. then, later a man wanted to sit there and asked him, if that coat's his. the 1st man said no, and simply picked up my coat and put it in the seat in front of him. i was chafed and picked up my coat, gave a really grousy look on my face but of course, i didnt say anything because wat was e point? say what? something sarcastic? i didn't want to waste my time.

nor

5) when they were announcing that people get on the plane; passengers under 'A'. how e fuck did i know where i was? so i finly, walked up to the counter, and the man checked my internet boarding pass and i asked him how wld i know if i were A or B, or whatever. he said "it's HERE!" he circled. i was going to board the plane, and didn't bother.

the point is...you don't always need to have e last say because sometimes u just don't need to fucking care and when that happens, i know that it doesnt bother or affect my that much anymore. that's all i want to say to a friend who asked me "why i didnt say something back"...

No comments: