Thursday, December 6, 2007

travels in PARIS



This is the famed Notre Dame whcih featured Quasimodo by Victor Hugo. I was supposed to go to the Victor Hugo museum but then, when i reached the place by the fashionable Marais district, I walked in and the guy at the recption gave me a look (i'm v particular about white boys lookin down on chinese/asians). I greeted first...comme ca

"bonjour"

"bonjour," he replied.

"err....do you have signs in English in the museum?"

"NON."

"err...ok......so do you have an audioguide in English?"

"NON!"

i turned on my heel and walked. disappointed. i mean, are only french ppl going to appreciate victor hugo? PLEASE.

anyway, i left and was strange. think wasn't fated to go to the museum that day cos i went to antoher one, georges pompidou and it was fucking CLOSEd - they closed only on tues and i heng heng went on tues. fuck.

but ok lah. went to get myself a new spiffy turtleneck.





I didn't particularly like this hotel but ok lah. can't complain. it's hotel des nations but last time round, i stayed at a similarly 3-star one but was more 'boutique' in nature - i really love boutique style hotels but not quite e posh ones - unless u talk about ritz-carlton or 4-seasons but no grand classic hotels pls - yucks.

when we reached the place, it turned out to be quite a walk from st germain area. the reception guy was very much like my friend's friend (parisian) and even sounded like him - meaning, v gallant (go figure).

No comments: